Foundational Requirement Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program the student will be able to:
- Use multiple writing strategies to explore, clarify, and effectively communicate ideas to appropriate audiences.
- Demonstrate consistent use of conventions particular to a specific writing task including organization, content, presentation, and stylistic choices.
- Incorporate critical thinking at all steps in the writing process.
- Write effectively for diverse audiences within a specific area or discipline using appropriate standards and conventions.
- Formulate a problem statement.
- Determine the nature and extent of the information.
- Access relevant information effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate information and its source critically.
- Understand many of the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information.
- Research, discover, and develop information resources and structure verbal messages to increase knowledge and understanding.
- Research, discover, and develop evidence-based reasoning and persuasive appeals for influencing attitudes, values, beliefs, or behaviors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of interpersonal rules, roles, and strategies in varied contexts.
- Effectively listen and adapt verbal messages to the personal, ideological, and emotional perspectives of the audience.
- Employ effective verbal and nonverbal behaviors that support communication goals.
- Effectively recognize and critically evaluate the reasoning, evidence, and communication strategies of self and others.
- Read, interpret, write, and communicate mathematical concepts with understanding, clarity, and precision.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of symbolic, graphical, numerical, and written representations of mathematical ideas.
- Use mathematical reasoning to identify, apply, and explain an appropriate mathematical structure or method when solving problems.
- Estimate and check solutions to problems and determine reasonableness, implications, and limitations of the methods used in context.
- Use appropriate technology to enhance mathematical thinking and understanding.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for mathematics as a rich theoretical and applied discipline.
Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Demonstrate an ability to develop principles related to the development and maintenance of wellness behaviors and lifelong behaviors.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop skills and to select practices and activities that contribute to lifetime health-enhancing behaviors.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop, to implement, to monitor, and to evaluate a personal fitness and wellness program.
- Discuss basic hardware and software concepts and demonstrate use of an operating system.
- Demonstrate care, skill and knowledge of contemporary office productivity software.
- Discuss networks and the Internet, and their impact on society.