Sorry, the 2019-2020 ecatalog will be released soon.
In the meantime, please download our PDF version
here: 2019-2020 PDF

Southwestern has an open-door admission policy and welcomes students who wish to obtain a quality education. In general, students may enroll in classes if they meet any one of the following requirements and have the ability to benefit from instruction:

  • Are 18 years of age or older;
  • Have graduated from an accredited high school;
  • Have completed a General Education Development (GED) certificate or an Adult High School Diploma; or
  • Were home schooled and have met state requirements for high school equivalency/completion.

Students in need of assistance with any part of this process are encouraged to contact the Admissions Office staff, Dellwood Hall, Rm 4, 541-888-7636 or 800-962-2838, ext.7636, to schedule an appointment.

Si usted necesita mas ayuda, por favor, llame a Educational Support Programs and Services (ESPS) al teléfono 541-888-7407.

The College Now program provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credits while fulfilling high school graduation requirements. Students under the age of 18 who have not graduated from high school or earned a GED must fill out the “Underage Student Agreement” or “High School Partnership” form. Forms and information can be found at the bottom of the College Now webpage.

Steps to Become a Laker 



  • Apply for federal and state aid at
  • Check your email linked to the FAFSA for supporting documents necessary for disbursement.
  • Send outside funding information (scholarships, agency support, etc.) to Coos or Curry Student First Stop Center location. 
  • Veterans should contact the Veteran’s Clerk at 541-888-7236 or visit the website at  


The purpose of the placement process is to determine student's entry-level in math, reading and writing.  Multiple components are considered to place students initially into college courses.  

  • High school completion date and courses completed in high school
  • High school overall GPA and/or content area grades
  • Standardized test results (those the student has already completed) such as ACT, SAT, Smarter Balanced, to name a few.  Applicants who have ACT/SAT scores should submit them to the Admissions Office in Dellwood Hall, Rm 4.
  • Courses transferred from other colleges and universities.  Send all transcripts to Transcript Evaluator, 1988 Newmark Avenue, Coos Bay, OR 97420.
  • Placement testing, if required, is offered at all Southwestern sites.  
    • Coos campus students should see an intake advisor in the Educational Support Programs and Services (ESPS) Office located in Stensland Hall between 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
    • Intake advisors are available at the Curry Campus (Brookings site) between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
    • Intake advising at the Gold Beach Center or the Port Orford office is by appointment. Contact the Curry Student First Stop Center at 541-813-1667 for more information.

TRANSFER STUDENTS - Submit your official grade transcripts to:

Southwestern Oregon Community College
C/O Transcript Evaluator
1988 Newmark Ave.
Coos Bay, OR 97420

NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION – Requires a Southwestern ID number


  • First time out-of-district freshmen attending Coos Campus are required to live in student housing.  
  • Apply for housing online or call 541-888-7635.


  • Visit or call Educational Support Programs & Services (ESPS) to make an initial advising appointment, Stensland Hall on Coos Campus at 541-888-7405 or our Curry location at 541-813-1669.
  • Discuss your major, placement information, and prospective classes with an advisor.    



  • Visit the Southwestern Bookstore in Dellwood Hall or to purchase books and supplies.
  • Call the Coos location at 541-888-7264 or the Curry location at 541-888-1667 with questions.