Sorry, the 2019-2020 ecatalog will be released soon.
In the meantime, please download our PDF version
here: 2019-2020 PDF
- Lighthouse Depot
Southwestern Oregon Community College is one of only a few community colleges in the state of Oregon to provide, for one price, housing and meal plans for students . Our 18 buildings offer apartment-style accommodations and quality living/ learning opportunities that are sure to be an integral part of your college experience. We're all about better grades, convenience, security, delicious meals, savings, and friends for a lifetime. For more information visit our website https://www.socc.edu/housing or give us a call at 541.888.7635. We look forward to seeing you!
Student Housing Eligibility
- All out-of-district/out-of-state first-time freshman students choosing to attend Southwestern must live in Student Housing during their freshman year unless:
- You have a dependent or are married.
- You are a veteran.
- You are 21 years of age prior to the first day of class.
- Student Housing is filled.
- You have passed 45 credit hours of college courses. Credits taken during High School do not count toward this total.
- You are approved to enroll in a specific 100% online degree program.
- Students must be 18 years old before December 15 of the school year they are attending.
- Students must be enrolled full-time to remain in Student Housing.
The list below is provided to help you complete the application process. The deposit is refundable according to the “Room and Board Rates and Deadlines” policy. There is no deadline to apply, however, room assignments are based on the date all materials are received and subject to room availability. For this reason it is to your advantage to submit everything as early as possible.
- Read the complete packet of housing information available at Student Housing Office.
- Complete the online application and pay the $250 housing deposit at myLakerLink.
- Submit copies of MMR Immunization records to Admissions or Student Housing.
- Submit your Financial Aid paperwork by the deadline listed on the Financial Aid webpages.
- Receive an official Financial Aid award letter.
- Make payment arrangements on any balance not covered by Financial Aid prior to arrival.
- If you are applying for a student loan, please visit the Financial Aid webpage to complete the loan steps.