Accounting Clerk, Certificate of Completion
The Certificate of Completion Accounting Clerk is designed to prepare students to complete typical accounting clerk responsibilities such as journalizing, posting, assisting with tax, audit and other accounting procedures, preparing reports, communicating results and general office responsibilities.
Career opportunities include accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk and data entry clerk for small and medium-sized service businesses.
Students must complete a minimum of 50 credit hours with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or better. All courses must be passed with a grade of ‘C’ or better. One course must be completed at Southwestern before the Certificate of Completion Accounting Clerk is awarded.
Complete the graduation application process one term prior to the term of completion (e.g., spring term graduates must apply during winter term).
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workloads to meet reporting deadlines.
- Analyze and record transactions including general accounting transactions and payroll accounting.
- Prepare financial reports using select small business computerized accounting software and spreadsheet programs.
- Communicate effectively in a professional accounting workplace environment.
- Identify and appraise situations in professional accounting where the applications of ethical judgments are required.
|BA101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA211||Principles of Accounting I||4|
|CIS120||Concepts of Computing||4|
|MTH82||Business Mathematics 3||4|
|BA120||Leadership Development 2||3|
|BA212||Principles of Accounting II||4|
|WR115||Fundamentals of Report Writing 1||4|
|BA213||Principles of Accounting III||4|
|SP219||Small Group Discussion 4||3|
All Honors courses may substitute for their equivalent requirements.